WELCOME TO THE RENTON HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT (HOME OF THE REDHAWKS!)
Parents and Students,
Spring Registration is now open in FamilyID for Athletics. Spring sports include: Baseball, Softball, Girls Tennis, Girls Golf, Boys Track, and Girls Track. When registering in FamilyID for spring sports, it is important to remember if your son or daughter has participated in a sport during the fall or winter seasons, that you use the same account you used when you registered them the first time. If you do not remember your password, please request a new password. Do not create a new account on FamilyID! Why? Because the information initially collected in your account will transfer over for this season’s registration, and this will create an efficient transfer of all of your previously entered documents into the Spring Registration. If you are completely new to FamilyID and have never created an account, that is okay, create the account. Please let me know if you have questions. Remember if physicals are good for two years. If you need a physical, book your those appointments now so that your athlete can start on the first day of practices. Be sure to be completely registered in FamilyID before turning in your physical to the Athletics Office. Also don’t wait until the last minute to register because it usually takes a few days to process your registration.
Three important dates:
1/28/2022: FamilyID Spring Registration is Open. Use this link to register: https://www.familyid.com/organizations/renton-high-school
2/28/2022: Spring Sports Practices begin
3/13/22: FamilyID will close for spring sports
If you have questions about tryouts and/or practices See following emails:
Track and Field (Girls and Boys): Michael.King@rentonschools.us
Baseball (Boys): Jason.Saisslin@rentonschools.us
Girls Tennis: Timothy.Pierce@rentonschools.us
Softball Girls: Daniel.Villalobos@rentonschools.us
Girls Golf: In process of hiring for this position; ask Ms. Trezza, our Athletic Assistant if you have any questions (Carmen.Trezza@rentonschools.us)
- Parent/Athlete Step-by-Step Athletic Registration Instructions:
- Go to https://www.familyid.com/organizations/renton-high-school
- To create a new account, click "Sign Up" (top right corner of page or go to your existing account).
- Click “Sign up as a Family or Individual.”
- Complete the registration questions, then click the “I agree” statement and click "Sign Up".
- Once your registration is completed you will receive an email confirmation from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Then, you will Log into Renton’s FamilyID webpage (https://www.familyid.com/organizations/renton-high-school) and select Fall 2021 Athletic Registration.
- Complete the FamilyID online registration and click the “Save & Continue” button.
- Review the Registration Details and click “Confirm Registration.”
- Review and click “I Agree-Confirm My Registration.”
- You can upload a physical right onto the account so that it is ready for the actual season.
- Payment required to participate in sports ASB card = $30 and Sports fee = $75. If you qualify for Free and Reduced lunches (a new form must be filled out each year), discounts will be applied to both.
- If you are unable to pay these fees, and THIS IS THE ONLY THING PREVENTING YOU FROM PARTICIPATING IN YOUR SPORT, you can still participate if you make arrangements with Ms. Carlson in the ASB office. Her hours are from 8am –2:00pm. She can assist you in either setting up a payment plan or determining whether your family should fill out the attached 21 -22 Free and Reduced Lunch Form which may qualify you for a reduced rate.
- If a Free or Reduced Lunch form is required, it must be returned to the ASB Office within 7 days.
- Your family may also choose to fill out the Free and Reduced Lunch form on line: https://resources.finalsite.net/images/v1628889574/rentonschoolsus/fe272p3reghqzrekdazc/2021-22FreeandReducedPriceApplication-English-Printable.pdf
- As long as you have met and made arrangements with Ms. Carlson, you can proceed with clearing and participating in sports.
- You must come into RHS to get your final Clearance Form signed off by both Ms. Carlson in the ASB Office and Ms. Trezza in the Athletics Office to be eligible to participate in managing or practicing in any sport.
Physicals: You must have a valid physical on file in athletic office and/or uploaded into FamilyID. Physicals are good for 2 years and cannot expire within the season. You no longer have to drop off hard copies. We PREFER you to upload the physical into your FamilyID Account. Physicals are now valid for two years. We encourage you to contact your personal physician for a physical. However, Healthpoint locations are also available. You can go on line and complete the registration in order to get a physical through them.
Nurse’s Office: Students that require Individual Health Plans (IHP) due to Life Threatening Illness must have current and up to date plans in Nurse’s Office. All immunizations/vaccinations must be up to date. If you have been vaccinated for Covid 19, please send Nurse Dillard an email. Due to new restrictions regarding testing, athletes who are not vaccinated may be Please contact our RHS Nurse, Celeste Dillard, if you have any questions: Celeste.email@example.com
Eligibility: We are once again returning to the eligibility requirements in effect prior to Covid 19. WIAA Academic Eligibility states that a student must be passing a minimum of 4 out 5 classes to be eligible to participate and RSD requires that athletes must have a 2.0 GPA to participate.
Fees: ASB Card is $30, and Sports fee is $75. If you qualify for free and reduced lunches, these prices have been drastically reduced. You must fill out a free and reduced lunch form to qualify for these and other benefits.
Transportation: Need to catch a ride home after practice? Exciting news! This year, RHS can provide all Renton High School Students with an ORCA Pass! This pass can be used for unlimited trips on public transit in the Puget Sound region including King County Metro Bus, Sound Transit Express Bus, Link light rail, etc. The pass is good Sept. 1, 2021 – Aug. 31, 2022!
Spectators: Renton High School will be allowing spectators at all RSD Athletic venues. However, spectators will have to be appropriately masked, maintain safe distancing, and follow all COVID-19 guidelines. We are using HomeTown ticketing (available on the https://getvnn.com website).
Please note that this information is accurate at this time. However, game dates and times may change due to Covid-19 complications. Please follow the RSD website, the RHS website and the https://getVNN.com website for up to date news on athletics and schedules.
We are providing livestream viewing of sporting events in our gyms
We are working to offer complete athletic schedules by school on the VNN Sports website. We ask that you continue to be flexible with our everchanging times, locations etc. due to the Covid-19 pandemic and circumstances often beyond our control.
Please continue to check the Renton School District website for the latest updates regarding sports: https://www.rentonschools.us/learning-and-teaching/athletics-and-activities
We are looking forward to an awesome winter season in athletics!!!!
Aleta Konkol, Assistant Principal/Athletic Director