Welcome to the Renton HS Athletic Department
Parents/guardians can subscribe for free to the sport/sports their athlete participates in on the league website. With this subscription you are immediately notified when a schedule is changed.
Here are instructions on how to subscribe to the league website. Please subscribe so you can have timely information about schedule changes.
2020—2021 School Year Sports Seasons
Guidelines from the Washington Interscholastic Activities Association (WIAA) and KingCo Conference offer a chance that Renton School District athletes could start practicing in late December in preparation for interscholastic league competition, with modified and shortened sports seasons starting in January.
The WIAA has also opened an available coaching period (open coaching window) through December 19th. We continue to monitor the key indicators of Covid-19 Activity in King county and are working on in-school learning and school building reopening plans which includes student use of play and athletic fields. We will first establish use of facilities by students and school sports teams and then provide opportunities for community use of the facilities. Once our facilities reopen, we will consider allowing our programs that wish to participate in the open coaching window the opportunity to do so (similar to our usual summer program).
With the above information in mind, here is a possible high school athletic schedule for Renton School District Schools:
- WIAA Available Coaching Period
- TBD—December 21
- WIAA Season 2
- December 28—February 28 - Basketball, Bowling, Boys’ Swim & Dive, Gymnastics, Wrestling
- WIAA Season 3
- February 17—May 9 - Football
- March 1—April 25 - Regular season Boys’ Golf, Boys Tennis (State events for these sports will take place at the end of season 4)
- March 1—May 2 - Volleyball, Girls Soccer, Girls Swim & Dive, Cross Country
- WIAA Season 4
- April 26—June 27 - Girls Tennis, Fastpitch Softball, Track & Field, Baseball, Girls Golf, Boys Soccer
- June 14—June 27 - State events for Boys’ Golf and Boys’ Tennis
Note: WIAA is aware that the end dates for season 4 are after nearly all high school graduations. They will work with member schools/districts to come up with the best post-season plan for season 4 athletes/teams.
- All dates are tentative as we continue to adjust our school year in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Registration for the possible WIAA Available Coaching Period is now open on on the Athletic Registration section of the district website.
- We will open registration for the remaining WIAA seasons several weeks prior to the first allowable practice date. Please continue to check back for updated information.
- Due to shortened seasons, practices and contests could be scheduled on Saturdays and during traditional break periods such as Presidents Day and Spring Break.