WELCOME TO THE RENTON HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT (HOME OF THE REDHAWKS!)
Parents/guardians can subscribe for free to the sport/sports their athlete participates in on the league website. With this subscription you are immediately notified when a schedule is changed. Here are instructions on how to subscribe to the league website. Please subscribe so you can have timely information about schedule changes.
For sports schedules, please visit: https://getvnn.com/
Athletics Update: 2021-2022 School Year
Fall Sports Registration is in full swing for: Football, Girls Soccer, Boys Tennis, Girls Volleyball, Cross Country, Girls Swim and Dive. While football practice started last week, practices for all other sports will begin Monday August 23, 2021. Have questions about a particular sport? Please email the following coaches if you have a question:
Contact for Football: Mark Cross <Mark.Cross@rentonschools.us>;
Contact for Cheer: Ashlee Williams <Ashlee.Williams1@rentonschools.us>;
Contact for Soccer (Girls): Rebecca Swanson <Rebecca.Swanson@rentonschools.us>;
Contact for Cross Country: Lance Winmill Lance.Winmill@rentonschools.us>;
Contact for Boys Tennis: Rashaad Powell <Rashaad.Powell@rentonschools.us>;
Contact for Volleyball (Girls): Lorna Sailiai <Siliailorna22@gmail.com>;
Contact for Swim and Dive: Diane Pavelin <Diane.Pavelin@rentonschools.us>;
Contact for other athletic questions: Carmen Trezza <Carmen.Trezza@rentonschools.us>
Registration: FamilyID is currently open for fall / Season 1 and will remain open through September 10th.
- Parent/Athlete Step-by-Step Athletic Registration Instructions:
- Go to https://www.familyid.com/organizations/renton-high-school
- To create a new account, click "Sign Up" (top right corner of page or go to your existing account).
- Click “Sign up as a Family or Individual.”
- Complete the registration questions, then click the “I agree” statement and click "Sign Up".
- Once your registration is completed you will receive an email confirmation from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Then, you will Log into Renton’s FamilyID webpage (https://www.familyid.com/organizations/renton-high-school) and select Fall 2021 Athletic Registration.
- Complete the FamilyID online registration and click the “Save & Continue” button.
- Review the Registration Details and click “Confirm Registration.”
- Review and click “I Agree-Confirm My Registration.”
- You can upload a physical right onto the account so that it is ready for the actual season.
- Payment required to participate in sports ASB card = $30 and Sports fee = $75. If you qualify for Free and Reduced lunches (a new form must be filled out each year), discounts will be applied to both.
- If you are unable to pay these fees, and THIS IS THE ONLY THING PREVENTING YOU FROM PARTICIPATING IN YOUR SPORT, you can still participate if you make arrangements with Ms. Carlson in the ASB office. Her hours are from 8am –2:00pm. She can assist you in either setting up a payment plan or determining whether your family should fill out the attached 21 -22 Free and Reduced Lunch Form which may qualify you for a reduced rate.
- If a Free or Reduced Lunch form is required, it must be returned to the ASB Office within 7 days.
- Your family may also choose to fill out the Free and Reduced Lunch form on line: https://resources.finalsite.net/images/v1628889574/rentonschoolsus/fe272p3reghqzrekdazc/2021-22FreeandReducedPriceApplication-English-Printable.pdf
- As long as you have met and made arrangements with Ms. Carlson, you can proceed with clearing and participating in sports.
- You must come into RHS to get your final Clearance Form signed off by both Ms. Carlson in the ASB Office and Ms. Trezza in the Athletics Office to be eligible to participate in managing or practicing in any sport.
Physicals: You must have a valid physical on file in athletic office and/or uploaded into FamilyID dated after December 21, 2019 for Season 1 sports. You no longer have to drop off hard copies. We PREFER you to upload the physical into your FamilyID Account. Physicals are now valid for two years.
Nurse’s Office: Students that require Individual Health Plans (IHP) due to Life Threatening Illness must have current and up to date plans in Nurse’s Office. All immunizations/vaccinations must be up to date. Please contact our RHS Nurse, Celeste Dillard, if you have any questions: Celeste.email@example.com
Eligibility: We are once again returning to the eligibility requirements in effect prior to Covid 19. WIAA Academic Eligibility states that a student must be passing a minimum of 4 out 5 classes to be eligible to participate and RSD requires that athletes must have a 2.0 GPA to participate.
Fees: ASB Card is $30, and Sports fee is $75. If you qualify for free and reduced lunches, these prices have been drastically reduced. You must fill out a free and reduced lunch form to qualify for these and other benefits.
Transportation: Need to catch a ride home after practice? Exciting news! This year, RHS can provide all Renton High School Students with an ORCA Pass! This pass can be used for unlimited trips on public transit in the Puget Sound region including King County Metro Bus, Sound Transit Express Bus, Link light rail, etc. The pass is good Sept. 1, 2021 – Aug. 31, 2022!
Spectators: Renton High School will be allowing spectators at all RSD Athletic venues. However, spectators will have to be appropriately masked, maintain safe distancing, and follow all COVID-19 guidelines. We are using HomeTown ticketing (available on the https://getvnn.com website).
Please note that this information is accurate at this time. However, game dates and times may change due to Covid 19 complications. Please follow the RSD website, the RHS website and the https://getVNN.com website for up to date news on athletics and schedules.
We are providing livestream viewing of sporting events in our gyms
We are working to offer complete athletic schedules by school on the VNN Sports website. We ask that you continue to be flexible with our everchanging times, locations etc. due to the Covid-19 pandemic and circumstances often beyond our control.
Please continue to check the Renton School District website for the latest updates regarding sports: https://www.rentonschools.us/learning-and-teaching/athletics-and-activities
We are looking forward to an awesome year in athletics!!!!
Aleta Konkol, Assistant Principal/Athletic Director