Career Cruising offers tools for finding the right career for you, information on colleges/universities, and an online portfolio that can be used to store your college and career research. You can also request electronic transcripts through Career Cruising. See your high school Career Center for site log-in, student passwords and other questions about Career Cruising. Go to Career Cruising now!
BigFuture by the College Board guides all students through the college planning process, making it easier and less overwhelming. The step-by-step approach demystifies college planning, particularly for those students who are the first generation in their families to attend college.
Career Bridge is Washington's one-stop source for career and education planning.
1. Explore Careers--See how your talents align with a career by taking a quiz.
2. View Job Trends--Next, discover if a career is growing and how much it pays.
3. Find Education--Finally, search nearly 6,000 education programs to find locations and costs, whether students got jobs, what industries they went to work in, and how much they were paid.
With Career Bridge, you'll also discover:
• Average earnings and employment outlook for each career.
• Hot jobs for the future - projected openings per year in Washington State through 2018.
• What you'll need to learn to get those jobs.
• How to pay for your education.
Visit the CareerBridge website
• Find a career that's compatible with you - Take a survey to match your personality, interests, and skills
• Make a plan - Get a Jump start in High School
• Apprenticeship Advantage - There's a program for you!
• Resources for Financial Aid
• Resources for finding your next job
PSCCN offers a wide variety of financial aid information as well as getting ready for college checklists. Visit their website to get the checklists and learn more about the FAFSA/WASFA, College Bound Scholarships, financial aid deadlines, and more.
College Transition Checklists
The Renton School District does not sponsor, endorse, or recommend any of the organizations, services or activities described in this information. This information is provided solely for the convenience of our students and parents to assist in their review of the safety and suitability of such organization service and activities.
Our school web pages may connect directly to outside web pages. Those direct connections contain information or resources deemed as useful or interesting for our parents or students. However, in the inter-connected world of web pages, we have no control over the content of indirect links to other pages and sources. We therefore advise caution and supervision when venturing beyond our school pages and their direct links